Monday, July 9, 2007

Grammar Workshop Journal # 1

Ashima Choudhary

105

07/09/07

Journal – 1

Topic: - My Worst Teacher Experience

A teacher plays very important role in student life. A teacher is primarily responsible for the educating and the developing of the student’s growth. An ideal teacher should be caring, kind, helpful, optimistic, motivate and polite to their students. However, all teachers don’t have these qualities. They can negatively or dramatically change their student’s lives.

I was poor in math subject. I always try to work hard on this subject. When I was in my 10th class, my math teacher had transferred to other place. So we didn’t have any other math teacher in our school. I felt very bad because I was not good in math. When I told to father about my math teach transfer. Then he hired a private math tutor for improving my math skills. Thus I had started math tuition.

On the very first day of my class, my tutor started to teach me in Hindi without asking me if I understood or not. Prior to this I studied math in English using Roman numerals and symbols. I wondered, “Shouldn’t he ask me I am a Hindi medium student or English medium student. It was awful feeling to me.

Furthermore when I asked questions, he would say to me. “Keep quite. Listen to me first. Don’t ask any question to me. Let me finish.” I felt he was rude, impolite and not caring to me as his student. It was very disgusting. He never asked to me weather I was understood him or not. He was not giving any attention on me. He was not giving any kind of freedom to express my self. I felt helpless with him. Taking classes with him slowly and slowly I started to dislike math’s teacher and losing interest in math. Because of my horrible math’s teacher I got very poor marks (grades) in my 10th class. Due to him I am still scared math to this date.

Finally, in my opinion students need freedom, Freedom to feel, freedom to breathe, and freedom to think and express themselves in front of their teachers.

No comments: